There will always be cryo fanatics and cryo skeptics. Our goal is to give everyone a completely honest and unbiased answer to any questions they have about cryotherapy.
THE TOP 6 MYTHS ABOUT CRYOTHERAPY
- “You only need to do it once.” While cryotherapy can have some incredible results the first time you try it, it might take more than one session in order to truly start seeing/feeling the difference. Not everyone will experience the same results. Some people may not notice any change right away while other people can instantly tell a difference. It’s important to go into a cryotherapy session with an open mind and to give any new service, especially cryotherapy, an honest and fair try.
- “Cryotherapy is too expensive.” Cryotherapy can be much less expensive than you think. Due to most people wanting and needing more than one session, we offer extremely affordable options to allow people to get the recovery they need, for an amazingly low price.
- “Being that cold can’t possibly be good for you.” There’s no doubt that cryotherapy chambers are cold. Our machine will reach temperatures as low as -249°F. However, the cold air in cryotherapy chambers is a dry cold. That means it doesn’t feel like that same bone-chilling cold feeling you get standing outside for too long on cold, winter day. Cryotherapy is cold for a reason. The human body is capable of some amazing things and keeping your body functioning at extremely low temperatures is one of them.
- “Cryotherapy is only supposed to be done after a workout.” People use cryotherapy before or after a workout, game or event. Doing cryotherapy before an event helps give them energy and prepares their bodies mentally and physically to take on whatever task lies ahead of them. Doing cryotherapy after an event helps calm some people down and allows them to sleep better. It’s important to discover what works for you and if you still aren’t sure, feel free to switch it up!
- “It’s only for athletes, celebrities or injured people.” Professional athletes, celebrities and injured customers love and highly endorse cryotherapy, but they’re not the only ones. Cryotherapy was made popular recently because of the many professional sports teams and famous celebrities that utilize cryotherapy. We like to expand our market and cater our services to every single type of person. It doesn’t matter what your profession, athletic skill, social status, etc is. We are here to show that cryotherapy is for anyone. Some clients have found that cryotherapy helps lessen the effects of chronic pain, acute pain, or that is just helps them recover, perform, look, and feel better.
- “It’s just a trend.” Cryotherapy has been around since 1978, and has since been researched and improved upon dramatically over the years. People have been subjecting themselves to extreme cold conditions with ice baths and cold-water submersions for generations. Cryotherapy is just a faster and more efficient method to cold therapy.