Recognized by the American Medical Association (AMA), Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA) and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), athletic training is a branch of Sports Medicine encompasses several branches of medicine. Athletic trainers are allied health professionals whose scope of practice involves the prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of urgent, chronic, and acute injuries and medical conditions.
Some people mistake athletic training for personal training. Although closely related to strength coaching and personal training, Athletic training requires a minimum of 6 years at an accredited university, sitting the certification exam and being licensed in your practicing state. These highly qualified and multi-skilled allied health professionals can be found on the field at a sporting event, high schools, clinics, and special recovery facilities like Elite Wellness Recovery & Performance.
Services athletic trainers offer in specialty facilities such as ours:
- Biomechanical, injury and pain assessments
- Taping and bracing for athletic injury & performance
- Personalized Rehabilitation for Acute and Chronic Conditions
- Onsite sports medicine coverage teams, tournaments, and marathons
- Concussion Testing and Return to Sport RehabilitationPre and Post Surgical Rehabilitation